Wednesday 22 February 2017

Colour INKspiration #04


Oh my goodness I have some exciting news!!
I am now proud to be a part of this amazing crew of extremely talented demonstrators.
I am still pinching myself.

What is Colour INKspiraton? – a Facebook based bi-monthly colour challenge.
Anyone with Facebook can join in.  You don’t need a blog and you don’t need to be a demonstrator.
I have joined in these challenges and love them as Colour challenges for me are actually a real challenge.
 Click here to join the Facebook page which has over 1000 members and see what it’s all about.

Here’s some of the basic details about the challenge –
The Colour INKspiration Crew! consists of a team of talented Aussie and NZ Stampin’ Up! ® Demonstrators that create projects based on Pinterest inspired colour swatches.
Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month at 7 pm (AEDT), a new colour swatch will be uploaded to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group and the Colour INKspiration Crew will get the ball rolling by providing inspiration for each challenge with a blog hop.
Then you have a 12 day period to upload your own creations using the colours provided.
If you have a blog, feel free to link back to it, but all entries will be via Facebook.  The design team will select 5 projects to be ‘design team picks’ and then the Facebook group will select an overall winner from this shortlist.


This is this weeks challenge colour swatch and it is so gorgeous.
(Remember you can also add neutrals to these colours which consist of White, Black, Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Kraft, Sahara Sand and Metallics )

My creation I did think about it for a few days and kept changing my mind on what I wanted to to.... These colours scream out floral so here we go.


Here is a pic so you can see the dimension of the card.


I had a totally different idea in my head and thought I would try this to see if it would work.
It most definitely did, I am super happy with it.

The base card was folded in 3 equal parts and the front panel scored in half and folded down to make the smaller mountain fold. The three flowers were the trickiest part as they were only cut to the fold to make them pop up. To do this I placed the top and base plates on my bigshot right on the crease when cutting the outside framelit from the flowers.
The coloured part of the flowers were all cut from the outside framelit and placed behind the flowers so the colour showed through the petals.
(I hope that this makes sense)
  • Stamps: Special Reason, The Sentiment from Sunshine Sayings and Gorgeous Grunge
  • Ink:  Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant
  • Card: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Delightful Dijon and Elegant Eggplant
  • Tools: Stylish Stems & Botanical Builder Framelits and Petal Burst Textured Embossing folder with the Bigshot
  • Embelishments: Gold ribbon from Saleabration

                If you go and check out Kelly's creation with these gorgeous colours I think you will love it as she never ceases to amaze. (I actually received her gorgeous card in the mail last week welcoming me to the crew- super lucky)

              http://mypapercraftjourney.com/2017/02/22/colour-inkspiration-04/


              18 comments:

              1. Welcome to the crew Nicole. Look forward to working with you and seeing all of the great things you create. I love this card. The front panel idea is so effective. Genius!

                ReplyDelete
              2. Gorgeous and clever ... and yes your card is nice too ;) Congrats Nic - a totally deserved spot on the Crew.
                Cheers, T xx

                ReplyDelete
              3. Such a gorgeous card! Welcome to the crew, so proud of you!!! Kelly x

                ReplyDelete
              4. Brilliant idea! And welcome on board!

                ReplyDelete
              5. I absolutely love the effect you got by partial cutting the floral dies Nicole and then backing them with the vibrant colour. x

                ReplyDelete
              6. Amazing debut card, Nicole. I do love a fun fold and some neat techniques. Love the partial die cutting and your embossed back panel.

                ReplyDelete
              7. I love a good fun fold Nicole and this one would brighten anyone's day. Welcome to the team xox

                ReplyDelete
              8. Really stunning! Congratulations!

                ReplyDelete
              9. Love this idea Nicole with using the Thinlits on the edge. What a great idea. Clever you! Congratulations on making the "crew". I look forward to seeing more of your great creations. x

                ReplyDelete
              10. Super clever card Nicole, looks great!

                ReplyDelete
              11. Love the whole idea and the effect. Congrats too on making the DT ;)

                ReplyDelete
              12. Gorgeous project. Welcome to the crew!

                ReplyDelete
              13. Welcome again, Nicole - fabulous card, super clever. x

                ReplyDelete
              14. Welcome to the Crew Nicole! What a fantastic card!

                ReplyDelete
              15. Welcome! So amazed by how fast you whipped up this fabulous card. Love a fun fold and your tricky techniques. Look forward to many more. 👌

                ReplyDelete
              16. Wow, I love your card, especially the flowers. I always love a fabulous fold card. :) Oh and welcome to the Team.

                ReplyDelete
              17. What is the size of the card base? I'm a demonstrator in the US and it looks like 5-1/2" 11, but it is more economical to cut it at 4-1/4" x 11". Neither of these dimensions seem like they would work out. I would appreciate your information.

                ReplyDelete
                Replies
                1. Hi there - our cardstock is a little different sizing to yours in the US - this card base was 29.6 cm long by 14.8cm wide :-) it was scored at 9.8cm,19.6cm and 24.5cm (I hope I measured that correctly)

                  Delete