Thursday 25 April 2024

Mother's Day/ Gift Giving Crafting

 As some of you are aware I now have a part time job as a disability support worker, hence not being able to craft as much as I used to :-(

Thats ok though I do dry to incorporate crafting into my work and to help our participants with their skills as well as their sense of achievement by creating a beautiful handmade product that they can either keep or give to someone as a gift.

I had an idea in my head I just had to get out... 

This week I helped with making a wreath using some retired product as well as current. All the items used are Stampin' Up except the lights and the twine.


Lights turned off above


With the lights turned on.

I really am loving the way that this turned out and unfortunately I can not show pictures of our participants with their wreaths but they were pretty happy with their achievements.

And another reason you could make a wreath like this is for Anzac Day. 
(Which coincidently is today) 

Other things I have made with our lovely participants are cards for Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Wedding Anniversaries, Birthdays and Babies as well as paper beaded jewellery and keyrings.


This keyring above was made for a colour challenge (Colour inkspiration) quite some years ago but it is similar to what we've made at work.

We made Christmas Angels and Santas/ Gnomes just from finding pictures on Pinterest..


It can be challenging and time consuming making the samples and writing step by step tutorials with pictures so they can be followed but it is worth the end product and the endless smiles.


No comments:

Post a Comment