Saturday 13 June 2020

Social Stamping - Travel



Hello and welcome to the weekly Social Stamping Blog Hop with so many talented crafters around the world joining in.

My friend Kelly Kent is the mastermind behind this and she put the group together to share our creations in a time where we are all social distancing and many are in isolation. It is a very unnerving time for a lot of people as some have medical issues and loved ones who are compromised and can not afford to get ill. Creating is my sanity at the moment as I am a pretty social person and these past few months have been a little bit of a struggle.

This week we haven't done a lot differently but I did finally get my waxing done after 3 very very long months! (My poor beautician lol) I also went out for lunch with my bestie which was pretty awesome, although sanitizing as you walk into the café is pretty weird!


So here is the next theme that Kelly has set for us and it is "Travel"

I am still a bit sad as I was supposed to be in Bali for the past two weeks and arrive home yesterday. We did get a refund for our flights but not our accommodation. Luckily we could put it off till next year. I just hope that we are allowed to travel then and that it will be safe!

You have come from the mastermind herself - Kelly

I thought a lot of the hop ladies might be using the new Beautiful World set so I went a little different and just used the papers from the suite.



It goes so, so well with the Parisian Beauty Suite and if you look closely I have found Paris in the paper to use as one of the features on this card.
It didn't quite work how I wanted it to but it came out ok. I made it pretty simple as the background paper does all the work with its gorgeous Brass foil. The sentiment was chopped up and mounted onto Cinnamon Cider and onto mini dimensionals.

  • Stamps: Parisian Beauty
  • Ink: Early Espresso and Poppy Parade
  • Card: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Cinnamon Cider, Poppy Parade and World Of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Tools: Stitched Hearts, Layering Circles and Parisian Dies as well as Tasteful Texture Embossing Folder with a Die Cutting/Embossing Machine
  • Embellishments: Dimensionals & Cinnamon Cider Ribbon


https://eleventhhourstamping.com/2020/06/13/social-stamping-travel/




Hop on over to check out Narelle's project for this week.

9 comments:

  1. How amazing will Bali be when you finally get there!?! I had no such travel plans, but look forward to making some when the restrictions lift. Paris might be a little far but totally loving the theme of your card. How clever to include the little heart detail! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of the new DSP with the Eiffel Tower. Great job highlighting Paris in the heart. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful way to showcase this paper, it looks amazing! Long time since I’ve been to Paris and will be a while longer yet-so much to explore in WA though and hopefully Australia wide in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find to have Paris in the map in the mix. Love all that gold in the paper, it's beautiful. I'm sure Bali and many places like it will be so grateful to have tourists return that they'll be even more hospitable than before- something amazing to look forward to. Meantime we can all take great comfort from creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - finding Paris is the paper is awesome! Love the combination of the paper and tower- brilliant card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Nicole. So love your choice of the new DSP with the Eiffel Tower, especially finding Paris. Bali is waiting for you - I'm sure it will be an even better holiday, when you get there. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your DSP is perfect for the Paris theme. I like how you have separated out the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little Paris heart (I honeymooned in Paris!). I think this turned out awesomely :) I particularly love the chopped up sentiment because it doesn't cover too much of that beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love the Eifel Tower over the DSP great idea. I hope one day you get to go to Bali.

    ReplyDelete